How to purchase museum publications and souvenirs?Souvenirs or publications related to the museum may be purchased at a 20% discount at the information counter of the first floor lobby. For information on souvenirs, please access our website for details. If you are interested in purchasing publications from the Institute, please contact the Administrative Office on the 5th floor, or call: (02)2782-9555 ext.245. or Lexis Book Co., Ltd., Tel: (02)2321-9033, address: 10F-1, 138, Sec.2, Jinsan S. Road, Taipei, 106 Su-Fen-His Bookstore, Tel: (02)2783-9605, located at the basement of Activity Center Building on the campus.
How can journalists or visitors apply for an interview and permission to photograph in the museum?Journalists should call 886-2-2652-3180 and ask to speak with museum staff. Visitors should fill out an application form at the information counter. Using photographic flash in the museum is strictly prohibited.
Are there any food and beverage services in the museum?Refreshments are not available at the museum. Please proceed to the Activity Center Building on the Academia Sinica campus. At the Activity Center, you will find a cafeteria as well as Chinese and Western style restaurants.
1.Chinese Cuisine A Chinese Restaurant is located in the first floor dining area of the Center of Academic Activities. This Chinese restaurant offers breakfast, lunch, supper, and banquet. The dinning times are:
Breakfast: 07:00 - 09:00
Lunch: 11:30 - 14:00
Dinner: 17:30 - 20:30
The reservation hotline is 02-2785-2717 ext. 1222.
The Chinese restaurant also provides fixed menu meal at lunch and supper. It is partially subsidized to benefit Academia Sinica employees and students. The regular prices are NT$ 50 and 70 for lunch and supper, respectively, Monday through Friday, per person. An Academia Sinica ID is required.
2 Mos Burger
Mos Burger is located on the 1st floor (on the left hand side of the lobby) of the Center of Academics Activities. It offers sandwich, burger, coffee and tea.
The Open-hour : 7am-9pm.2-3
3.Café ACADEMIA offers Italian food: pasta, pizza, and some other flavors of food. It offers breakfast, sandwiches, desserts, salad bar, afternoon tea set and beverages.
Business Hours: Breakfast 7am-10am, Lunch 11:30am-2pm, Afternoon Tea 2:30pm-5pm, Dinner 5:30pm-9pm, Bruch (weekends) 10:30am-2:30pm. Service hour 7am-9pm
Is there any further information on your website related to the exhibited artifacts at the museum?Details on the website are as below:
- Photos, files and records of archaeology excavation http://archeodata.sinica.edu.tw/allindex_en.html
- Rubbings and archival databank for rare books and documents http://rub.ihp.sinica.edu.tw/. This databank includes: Stele rubbings, Han’s wooden slips, rubbings of oracle bones, rubbings for Liao, Jin and Yuan Dynasty. Here you can also find information on the exhibits located on the first floor, such as the Yin Ruins, Western Chou, Eastern Chou Dynasty, and second floor’s “ Han Dynasty Wooden Slips from Edson-gol” (Chinese version)
- An index system for archives of rare books of classical editions at the Fu Sssu-nien Library may be found under:http://ndweb.iis.sinica.edu.tw/rarebook/Search/index.jsp (Chinese version)
- Joint databank for minority ethnic groups in Southwest China: http://ethno.ihp.sinica.edu.tw/en/index.html
- Workstation for archives on the Ming and Ching’s Dynasty: http://archive.ihp.sinica.edu.tw/mct/e/e-index.htm
- Fu Ssu-nien Library: http://18.104.22.168/c/index.html
What are the opening hours for other museums and halls at the Academia Sinica ?Fu Shih Memorial Hall http://www.mh.sinica.edu.tw/koteki/ (Chinese version)
Tel: 886-2-2782-1147; 886-2- 2789-9720
Hours: Wed. & Sat. 9：00-17：00; Closed on national holidays.
Ling Nan Fine Arts Museum http://www.sinica.edu.tw/~lnfam/index/(Chinese version)
Tel: 886-2-2789-9937; Fax: 886-2-2789-9938
Hours: Tue. to Fri. 12︰00-17︰00; Sat. 10︰00-17︰00; Closed on Monday and national holidays.
The Museum of the Institute of Ethnology: http://www.ioe.sinica.edu.tw/index.aspx?SiteID=530367210304211520
Tel: 886-2-2652-3308; Fax: 886-2-2785-5836
Hours: Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays 9:30-16:30; Closed on national holidays
Biodiversity Research Museum, Academia Sinica, Taiwan http://museum.biodiv.tw/home_eng.asp
Tel: 886-2-2789-9579 (Ms Xue) Fax: 886-2-2789-1623
Hours: Mon. to Fri. 9：00-12：00; 13：30-16：30; Closed on weekends and on national holidays.
Group tours must apply one month in advance by mail or telephone.
The Ecological Pond of Academia Sinica.http://proj1.sinica.edu.tw/~gao1018/pond/pond.htm (Chinese version)
The pond is located in front of the Life Science Library (at the end of the lane from the main entrance); Groups of more than 10 persons should apply in advance for tour guide service at the administrative office of Academia Sinica.